Special grades of Stainless Steel Hollow Bars from Langley Alloys
Special grades of Stainless Steel Hollow Bars from Langley Alloys15th April 2019
Stainless steel hollow bars are one of the newest products we are able to offer customers here at Langley Alloys, as we continue to work with Sandvik to develop the UK market. With a focus on innovation and improving our product range, we have invested in Sanmac 316L and Sanmac 2205 duplex stainless steel hollow bars, both of which are now available as an alternative to solid bar.
Sanmac 316L offers stainless steel hollow bars with improved machinability
The addition of Mo provides Sanmac 316L with much improved corrosion resistance when compared to other options such as Alloy 304. This product also has improved chip formation and reduced tool wear, resulting in great machining productivity and lower tool costs.
Here are some of the best applications for Sanmac 316L –
- Machined parts for tube and pipe fittings
- Mining industry for woven screens
- Oil and gas industry piping, pumps, valves, fittings and marine architecture
- Process industry equipment in chemical containers, transport units, heat exchangers and organic and fatty acid production
Sanmac 2205 stainless steel hollow bars combine multiple desirable properties
Langley Alloys’ range of Sanmac 2205 stainless steel hollow bars are supplied in the solution annealed condition, also offering improved machinability as standard.
Due to its excellent corrosion properties, it’s well suited to environments containing chlorides and hydrogen sulphide, for use in oil and gas extraction from sour wells, in refineries, and in process solutions contaminated with chlorides.
Here are some of the best applications for Sanmac 2205 –
- Process industry components in sulphuric acid, nitric acid, phosphoric acid, ethylene oxide, polypropylene and PVC production
- Equipment handling organic and fatty acids, chemical storage, tankers, heat exchangers
- Oil and chemical tankers
- Oil and gas industry pumps, valves, pipe, vessels, wellhead equipment, subsea equipment, separators, heat exchangers
- Wastewater treatment, sour water purification
- Pollution control systems, effluent scrubbing, flue gas desulphurisation (FGD)
- Food industry applications including brewery piping, evaporators, hot liquor tanks, presses
- Pulp and paper industry applications such as pulp liquor heaters, bleach tower linings, digesters, brownstock washers
- Marine industry and shipbuilding propellers, shafts, rudders, shaft seals, pumps, bolts, fasteners, valves, instrumentation
Watch the video below to find out more about the advantages of using Sandvik ‘Sanmac’ Alloys –
Presenting the bright future of stainless steel hollow bars
With over 80 years industry experience and expertise, we are renowned for being the “home of super duplex alloys”. To find out more about our product range, please call our dedicated team today, or send an enquiry online. We will be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have.
Please note: Sanmac is a registered trademark of Sandvik Intellectual Property AB.Introduction to Langley Alloys – new brochureWhere Duplex Steel is Used in Architecture