Sanmac™ 2205 for Multiple Applications
Sanmac™ 2205 for Multiple Applications25th June 2018
At Langley Alloys, we have a particular focus on duplex and super duplex stainless steels, as this family of high-strength corrosion-resistant alloys, including Sanmac™ 2205 duplex stainless steel, are suitable for multiple applications.
Sanmac™ 2205 is a superior alternative to earlier, standard 2205 grades, developed specifically to aid machinability through the control of inclusion type and distribution. These have been proven to extend tool life and consequential increases in productivity. Combined with the excellent strength and corrosion resistance, Sanmac™ 2205 has a vast number of uses that cement its position as a superior alternative to lesser alloys.
Sanmac™ 2205 Applications
Now in stock and available for purchase from Langley Alloys worldwide, Sanmac™ 2205 is well-suited for a plethora of applications, including, but not limited to;
- Oil and gas applications such as being used for pumps, valves, pipe, vessels and subsea equipment.
- Use within the marine industry and shipbuilding industry – specifically for use on bolts, valves, rudders, shafts, and propellers.
- Food industry applications, including brewery piping, hot liquor tanks and presses.
- Pulp and paper industry applications such as brownstock washers and bleach tower linings.
- Use on and relating to equipment that handles organic and fatty acids, heat exchangers and chemical storage.
- Agricultural applications to hold sulphuric acid, nitric acids, phosphoric acid, ethylene oxide, polypropylene and other harmful substances and gases.
Get in Touch to find out more about our Sanmac™ 2205 Stainless Steel
The combination of excellent machinability, high resistance to stress corrosion cracking, good weldability and high mechanical strength, makes Sanmac™ 2205 an attractive alternative to austenitic stainless steels.
If you would like to find out more information about Sanmac™ 2205 and its properties, check stock availability or the different product forms available, you can give our helpful team a call and they will be happy to answer any questions that may arise – alternatively, you can send an enquiry online.
Please note: Sanmac is a registered trademark of Sandvik Intellectual Property AB.Multi-purpose Ferralium® from Langley Alloys LtdSandvik SAF2507™ for Highly Corrosive Conditions