What is the UNS S32760 casting grade equivalent? Stainless Steels
UNS S32760 is a super duplex stainless steel, also known as Zeron 100. It is available as solid bar, plate, pipe, fittings, forgings and castings. When specifying castings, the nearest equivalent specifications are ASTM A890, ASTM A995 and ASME SA351/995 grade CD3MWCuN or 6A, also written as J93380 or 25Cr-7Ni-Mo-N.
Langley Alloys carries a comprehensive stock of S32760 (1.4501, F55) as solid bar up to 16” in diameter and plate up to 2 ½” thickness. Machining components from solid bar or plate can help to reduce risk of rejection, as the wrought product form is much less likely to suffer from internal defects. As these defects become apparent on castings only after machining, considerable time and expense can be lost. However, castings can be an effective way to produce more complex geometries or reduce the cost for larger components or longer production runs. The mechanical properties of a wrought product (rolled, forged) is significantly better than a cast product.
Zeron 100 is a registered trademark of Rolled Alloys Inc.
Characteristics of Zeron 100
Here are a number of characteristics of Zeron 100, sometimes referred to as UNS S32760 –
- Excellent mechanical properties
- High resistance to erosion corrosion and corrosion fatigue
- Good weldability
- High resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion
- Excellent resistance to stress corrosion cracking in both chloride and sour environments
- Excellent corrosion resistance in mineral acids such as hydrochloric and sulfuric
- Possibility for weight reduction over austenitic, standard duplex and nickel base alloys
- Guaranteed corrosion performance (PREn ≥ 40)
Got any Questions? Get in Touch
For more information about super duplex stainless steel alloys, please don’t hesitate to contact us today. We would be happy to answer any questions that you may have regarding specifications and common applications.